A gas fitter is a professional who installs, repairs, or alters natural gas systems. He or she must have a valid license from the state in which he or she practices. A gas fitter typically works for a utility company, but can also work for a home builder or contractor. You can opt for gas fitters in Torquay, Geelong & nearby areas via Franklin Plumbing.
Here are some of the most common duties of a gas fitter:
- Installing and repairing natural gas systems
- Checking and testing natural gas lines and equipment
- Troubleshooting problems with natural gas systems
- Performing safety inspections on natural gas systems
- Recommending modifications to natural gas systems – installing and repairing natural gas piping
- Installing and repairing natural gas equipment
A professional gas fitter will have the proper training and certification to perform these tasks. A license is required just as with a plumber, or electrician.There are several standards in place that govern who can become a gas fitter.
The best way to start is by going to the online government site for your state and looking up how to get your certification. Be aware that you may need more than one license; you might need both an electrical and a gas license so you can work on both types of systems at home or in business.
If you decide that working as a gasfitter is something you want to pursue, then start by looking into the licensing requirements for your state.